I wrote a book! I am little biased, but I feel you will enjoy this book. The name of the book is Building Scalable Apps with Redis and Node.js.
If you have enjoyed any of my posts so far (and even if you did not) you will like this book. You will not need expert knowledge in any of these frameworks to benefit from this book. It will show you what you need to know about each framework and most importantly, how all the frameworks work together in a single application. Lots of examples with code are included with the book.
Myself, being biased, definitely recommends this book. There is something in this book for everyone no matter what there experience level is.
This book is almost 300 pages that will start the reader from an empty folder to a working, scalable application that you can publish to Amazon Web Services. Some of the topics covered are:
- Express 4.0+
- Authentication with Passport
- Socket.IO 1.0+ using the same authentication
- Message Queues using RabbitMQ
- Shared application state using Redis
- Building a real-time frontend using React and Backbone
- Testing with nodeunit and coverage with Istanbul
- Deployment to Amazon Web Services using Ansible
- Troubleshooting and debugging Node.js using node-inspector and webkit-devtools-agent